This position is with a young, entrepreneurial company, leading a change in the ticketing industry today. We're made up of talented, fun-loving people that are passionate about raising the level of service in our industry, while significantly lowering fees charged to the customer and building strong, mutually beneficial partnerships with our clients.
Reports to: CTO
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with CTO to define and meet development goals and deadlines.
- Develop and maintain web-based software systems in Ruby utilizing industry standards and best practices.
- Ruby on Rails programming following Test Driven Development and/or Behavior Driven Development.
- Ability to think critically and communicate effectively with other team members, stakeholders and customers.
- Willingness to learn, and teach, and make a lasting impression.
- At least 1 year of experience working directly with Ruby and Rails.
- Experience with jQuery.
- Familiarity with Git or other distributed version control system.
- Enough familiarity with SQL to understand what ActiveRecord doing behind the scenes and to create reports.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development and tools like Cucumber.
- Experience working with common front-end technologies (e.g. CSS, HTML, etc.).
- Innovative and creative.
- Good sense of humor.
- Experience working with JSON, REST, XML-RPC.
- understanding of A/B Testing and similar techniques.
- Deployment experience with cloud technologies. (Amazon services, Engine Yard, Heroku, OpenStack)
- Competitive Salary
- Retirement Account with company matching
- Medical and dental coverage
- Ridiculous amount of vacation time
- Free lunch every Friday and breakfast every other Tuesday
- Darts set with three two working darts
The Fun Stuff:
We work hard but we like to have fun doing it. If you worked here you might already:
- be a Whirlyball expert
- amassed over 40 achievements on Call of Duty 3
- have learned how to make a proper cappuccino from a Starbucks barista
- taught how to make proper cocktails form a leading bartender
- been white water rafting
- had nights out to comedy clubs, karaoke, and restaurants
- love Boxing Day (p.s. it's an English thing)